- Visa requirements are made by officials of each country or region and may be adjusted for various circumstances. Therefore, countries and regions may have different visa conditions and requirements for people of different nationalities when issuing a visa for exit/entry and transit. The following visa information is for reference only. Before purchasing tickets and traveling, passengers are required to:
1. Consult with institutions and agencies developing relevant laws, regulations and policies as well as Customs, other relevant agencies and institutions in details or check the websites of the aforementioned institutions and agencies for all countries and regions involved in the itinerary in order to understand and confirm the effective provisions of the countries and regions involved in the itinerary regarding requirements of visa and other documents.
2. For the document information, the requirements of the aforementioned government agencies and institutions shall prevail.
Please prepare your travel documents based on the information you obtained from government agencies and institutions in order to ensure that you have a smooth trip.
- If you violate the local laws, regulations, orders and policies of the countries and regions involved in your itinerary because are unable to prepare a valid travel document, and as a result you are unable to board, transit or denied of entry/exit or repatriated because you are stopped by any of the relevant government organizations, agencies, institutions, Customs or other institutions, agencies or organizations, China Airlines will not bear any responsibilities and losses.
1. Outbound Passengers with the Republic of China (ROC) Passports
- Visa Application Information
葡京影视You can search for visa application information and local information of other countries on the website of the Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs. On the website, you can select your destination country and search for related information.
- Countries with Visa-waiver or Visa on Arrival Policies
葡京影视Countries including the EU, Canada, and the UK have granted visa-waiver privileges to visitors holding ROC passports. For details regarding the countries that have granted visa-waiver and visa on arrival privileges, please refer to the visa-waiver or visa on arrival information on the website of the Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Effective from November 1, 2012, ROC passport-holders can enter the U.S. without a visa. For the applicability of the Visa Waiver Program and its details, please refer to the U.S. Visa Waiver Program area on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Visa Waiver Program description on the website of the American Institute in Taiwan.
2. Entry into the Republic of China (ROC)
- Foreigners (excluding Hong Kong, Macao, and China residents) can check entry visa and visa-waiver information on the website of the Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs regarding entry to Taiwan.
- Residents born in Hong Kong or Macao, and Hong Kong and Macao residents who were born in China and have been to Taiwan:
1. Free online visa: You can select the "online application for ROC entry permit for Hong Kong and Macao residents" on the website of the Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and print it yourself. Please read the notice carefully.
2. Visa on arrival: You can apply for a visa on arrival from the National Immigration Agency at the airport or marine port of arrival.
3. Hong Kong and Macao residents born in Mainland China and travel to Taiwan for the first time: you must apply to the Chung Hwa Travel Service. It takes about one month to complete the process. Please refer to the travel agency for the exact time, and please give yourself enough time for the process.
- China Residents
1. For China residents, please check the National Immigration Agency's website for regulations regarding entering Taiwan.
2. You can download the Entry Permit Application to Taiwan for China Passport Holders from the National Immigration Agency's website if you need to apply for entry/exit to/from Taiwan.
3. China residents transiting in Taiwan
- Passengers are required to prepare all valid documents, including but not limited to various valid documents (e.g., valid passports, Mainland Travel Permit for Hong Kong and Macao Residents, Mainland Travel Permit for Taiwan Residents, Taiwan Travel Permit for Mainland Residents, Taiwan Entry and Exit Permit, or other valid documents that are required by the laws, regulations and policies in accordance with the requirements of the relevant agencies, institutions and organizations), transit visa and other documents. Please check with the institutions/agencies developing the relevant laws, regulations and policies in the counties and regions involved in the your itinerary as well as the Customs, and other relevant agencies and institutions for the specific valid documents you need for your trip, or check the websites of the aforementioned institutions and agencies for information and confirmation.
- Our flights to and from Auckland and Christchurch, include a layover in Australia (Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne). China passport holders should obtain an Australia transit visa before departing to Auckland and Christchurch. Please contact nearest Australian official overseas office for details.
4. Special Notice
- The U.S. uses the Electronic System for Travel Authorization for online applications. Travelers under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) to the U.S. must complete applications on the before departure.
- Notice for Canada eTA:
Passengers not requiring eTA:
Passengers requiring eTA:
- U.S. citizens/Canadian citizens/passengers with permanent Canadian citizenship/passengers with travel documents for permanent Canadian residents.
- U.S. green card holders do not need eTA when entering Canada via land or sea.
- Students and temporary workers (from countries that need to apply for eTA): If you obtain a student visa or work visa after August 1, 2015, and intend to leave and return to Canada by air travel.
- Canadian visa holders.
- Citizens of the countries under the Canadian visa waiver program
- U.S. green card holders and arrive at Canada by air
- Students and temporary workers (from countries that need to apply for eTA): If you obtain a student visa or work visa before August 1, 2015, and intend to leave and return to Canada by air travel
5. Advance Passenger Information (API)We collect various pieces of personal information from passengers traveling to Australia, Canada, China, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Holland, the UK, the U.S., and so on. Advance Passenger Information (API) includes information provided on passports or travel documents as well as other information. We collect various pieces of personal information from passengers traveling to Australia, Canada, China, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Holland, the UK, the U.S., and so on. Advance Passenger Information (API) includes information provided on passports or travel documents as well as other information. Passengers traveling to the U.S. should also provide the first address for their stay in the U.S. The addresses specified in the API will be sent to your destination's entry and exit administration bureau. The API includes the content of the machine-readable columns on passports:
- First Name and Last Name
- Date of Birth and Gender
- Passport ID
- Country Issuing Passport
- Passport Expiration Date
- Place of Residence (applicable only to travelers to the U.S.)
- Address of Stay (applicable only to travelers to the U.S.) The address must include a house number/hotel name, street name, city/town name, abbreviated state name, and zip code.
6. NZeTA Policy for residents of Visa Waiver countries
- The NZeTA is required for travel from 1 October 2019 for residents of Visa Waiver countries. The NZeTA request system will be available from July 2019.
- Passengers should request their NZeTA well in advance of their trip to New Zealand. It can take up to 72 hours to approve the NZeTA. Passengers who do not hold an NZeTA when they check in for their flight will not be allowed to board.
- You do not need an NZeTA to travel to New Zealand if you:
- already hold a valid New Zealand visa
- are a New Zealand citizen travelling on:
a. a New Zealand passport, or
b. a foreign passport with an endorsement — for example, to say you are a permanent resident or citizen of New Zealand
- are an Australian citizen travelling on an Australian passport.
- NZD$9 for requests submitted using the Immigration NZ mobile app
- NZD$12 for requests using the NZ Immigration website form.
- The IVL costs NZD$35 for each person travelling to New Zealand and is charged in the same transaction as the NZeTA
- The NZeTA and IVL are valid for multiple visits and up to 2 years.