葡京影视Most airports we fly in and out of are equipped with a Flight Information System. Our airport staff will inform passengers through broadcasts about boarding information and flight irregularities. We recommend that passengers who are disabled or have hearing/visual problems relay their special needs directly to our employees at each point of contact throughout the airport.
Most airports we fly in and out of are equipped with jet-bridges and passenger assist lift (PAL) in order to assist disabled passengers with boarding and deplaning. We recommend that you contact us as soon as possible before traveling in order to be familiar with your destination airport's disability facilities.
Priority Arrangement of Seats Before Departure
In order to provide you with maximum comfort, we will arrange for passengers with disabilities to have aisle seats that are easy to access or seats that are equipped with movable armrests.
※葡京影视 The seating configuration may differ across aircraft types. Please go to the Cabin Guide and view each type of aircraft's Seating Plan for details.
- With the exception of ERJ aircrafts, all aircraft types are equipped with onboard wheelchairs in order to facilitate disabled passengers' movements between the seats and toilet.
- Flight attendants will offer assistance to passengers with disabilities in getting to/from seats during boarding and/or disembarkation; taking or placing carry-on baggage or other assistive devices; and getting to/from the toilet during the flight.
Flight attendants are not permitted to provide feeding assistance, assistance within the lavatory or assistance at seat with defecation and/or urination functions, and medical services. If your medical condition requires that others provide you with these types of care, we recommend that you arrange for a nurse to accompany you
Equipped Toilet for Disabilities
All our aircrafts are equipped toilets for passengers with disabilities, which have installed service bells, handrails, and no-skid floors inside. Some aircrafts have extended 60 inch toilets, or have installed curtains in order to assist disabled passengers. Please go to the Cabin Guide and view each type of aircraft's Seating Plan for details.
We offer pre-ordering special meals for guests with religious or health dietary requirement; we also provide special meals for vegetarian, infant and small children. Please select a meal from China Airlines listing 24 hours before flight departure and feel free to contact China Airlines local reservation office, we will do our best to make arrangement for you.
For food intolerances and special medical dietary needs, in order to ensure a safe dining experience, special meal offerings may vary depending upon regional catering availabilities.
Wheelchair Booking and Consignment Services
葡京影视Regardless of whether you need to use the wheelchair in the airport or in the cabin, please contact our reservation or customer service staff at least 48 hours prior to departure. In order to ensure that our service can satisfy your actual condition, our staff may ask you some questions. (For example: Can you move on your own without any assistances? How far can you walk? Can you climb up or walk down the stairs without any assistance?)
- Passengers who have booked a wheelchair can contact our staff to get the wheelchair when they arrive at the airport. Passengers can also use their own wheelchairs to get to the boarding gate.
- Passengers who use electronic wheelchairs should consign the electronic wheelchairs when checking in at the airport.
- Our company provides general wheelchairs for boarding. We provide the same service at the transit and arrival destination. Our company will provide free wheelchair consignment service to passengers who bring their own wheelchairs, regardless of whether they are manual or electronic wheelchairs. Since the domestic and international airport facilities and statute of limitations are different, if your wheelchair is unable to be delivered to the boarding gate from the apron by the time of arrival, we will deliver it to the baggage claim area as a priority. We will also have the wheelchair prepared after you arrive at the terminal and subsequently accompany you to the baggage claim area and assist you to get your checked wheelchair and baggage.
The batteries for your wheelchair or mobility device must pass the tests specified in Section 38.3 in Part III of the UN Manual of Tests and Criteria. Li-ion battery for a wheelchair:
- If the battery can be removed:
- The battery must be removed, insulated, enclosed within a battery container, and carried onboard in carry-on baggage. Each battery's capacity cannot be greater than 300 W/H.
- The wheelchair can be consigned for shipment.
- In addition to the wheelchair battery, a spare li-ion battery with a capacity lower than 300 W/H or two spare li-ion batteries with a capacity lower than 160 W/H each are allowed in carry-on baggage.
- If the li-ion battery cannot be removed: The battery must be insulated and disconnected from the wheelchair and then consigned for shipment.
- If a portable medical equipment contains a li-ion battery, take the battery certificate with you.Due to some countries having different regulations, we suggest that you contact our local reservation office in advance for better arrangements.
Medical Clearance Procedure
- Passengers who are unable to comprehend or respond properly to safety guidance due to a mental disability
- Passengers who are unable to evacuate on their own during emergency due to impaired mobility
- Passengers who are unable to communicate with our staff due to severe hearing or vision impairments
- Passengers who have medical or surgical history or medical limitations, such as pregnancy, that may affect their ability to safely travel
- Passengers who need the special assistance, such as stretcher, wheelchair, supplemental oxygen, or usage of Portable Electronic Medical Equipment during flight
- The Above passengers will need to obtain approval from China Airlines’ medical department in Taiwan. Please submit all completed application and documents at least 2 FULL business days prior to departure. Medical Clearance Form and Medical Certificate must be dated within 10 days of scheduled initial departing flight. Additional Medical Summary or medical charts are required for passengers who have received surgical procedure or have been admitted to the hospital within 2 weeks. (If the departure date is Mar 29, the “Medical Clearance Form” & “Medical Certificate” must be dated after Mar 20.)
Visually Impaired Passenger Service
- Ensure all passengers are familiar with the followings before take-off
- No smoking.
- Restrictions of using the electrical devices.
- The use of seat belts, including instructions on how to fasten and unfasten the seat belts.
- The location of emergency exits.
- The location and use of any required emergency flotation device.
- The location and use of oxygen masks.
- Other emergency equipment provided for individual use or for collective use.
- Cabin crew will conduct the selected contents of briefing according to the actual state of the passenger. Contents of Briefing:
- The location and use of seat belts.
- The location and use of oxygen masks.
- The location and use of life vests.
- The two nearest exits and how many rows away from the exits (front and back).
- Explain to the subject passenger, should an emergency evacuation become necessary; one is required to follow the instruction given by duty zone cabin crew to proceed to an exit.
- Explain when evacuation becomes necessary, all passengers are required to evacuate immediately. If one cannot evacuate on one’s own, cabin crew or PSP will assist them. For vision impaired passenger: Use the oxygen mask and life vest in Demo Kit to perform the briefing; a walk from his/her seat to the exit is often the easiest way to help the subject passenger. The Blind Version of Safety Instruction should be referred to the passenger.
- When leading the way for a visually impaired passenger:
Cabin crew performs verbal instruction before providing assistance or service to a subject passenger.
Effective communication with the passengers must be established.
- Cabin crew stand in front of the passenger, pat one’s hand back gently to let the subject passenger be able to hold cabin crew’s arm.
- Inform obstacle ahead.
- Direct the subject passenger to seat by putting one’s hand on the armrest or the seat back so that one will be able to seat oneself easily.
- Assist the passenger in being seated with seat belt fastened and introduce the seat facilities and surroundings according to one’s facing direction, and the nearest lavatory.
During the flight
Cabin Manager and cabin crew provide adequate service, assistance, and care during in-flight.
- Assist the physically impaired passenger, the accompanied adult passenger or medical personnel in moving the passenger to or from one’s seat.
- Ask the accompanied adult passenger or the medical personnel, if available, about the appropriate meal serving time and any special requirements from the subject passenger before meal service.
- Assist with the use of the on-board wheelchair and assistive device to enable the person to move to and from a lavatory.